March Newsletter is here – Woohoo!
Kate Moran is my hero – the creator of the March newsletter. Thank you Kate. Check it out, it’s full of great information and pics.
The February Newsletter is here…enjoy:)
The newsletter has a message from our Prez Andy and a list of dates of other cool contests to consider taking part in too.
MMBC members Tully White and Declan Wyton went to China and WON!
COOLANGATTA/QLD (January 28th/2018): Team Australia has finished in 6th at the International Surfing Association (ISA) World Longboard Championships in Riyue Bay, Wanning China from the 19th-25th of January, 2018. Surfing Australia article
Congrats Tully and Declan!!
2018 Logger Heads Malibu Classic
Want to compete in an super cool additional comp? Click here for the entry form
SNOWY 2017 Results
And the winners are…
What a weekend! The SNOWY was a resounding success thanks to the MMBC, sponsors, countless volunteers, awesome competitors, the Manly community and all the visitors who came out to support the sport. A GIANT THANK YOU!
Each heat was hard fought and hard won because we had such stellar competitors. Spectators were able to see sheer talent and both the strength and beauty of the sport.
For those who could not join us at the presentation, the winners:
- The Cunningham’s Open Men’s division – Nic Jones
- The Professional Salon Suppliers Open Women’s division – Kirra Seale
- The Four Elements’ Open Juniors division – Jackson Detmold
- The Okanui Open Log division – Christian Pimm
- The Four Elements Junior Log division – Keyo Rhodes
- The Bennett Surfboards Over 50 Log division – Lynden Riley (El Presidente!)
- The Maui Jim Old Mal division – Lawrence Harkness
- Mystery division – Tom Oliver
- The Adrenalin Over 35s division – Christian Pimm
- The Adrenalin Over 45s division – Jason Livingston
- The Captain Sip Sop’s Over 55s division – Paul O’Grady
May 2017 – We have arrived in the 21st century!!
Technology has arrived! The MMBC has joined dozens of other boardrider clubs around Australia by adopting electronic judging!
The May comp saw the iPads in action when the SurfComp App was used live. Anyone with an iPhone (android system coming soon) can download the free App from the App Store and once logged in, can see live scores instantly, the current heat draw, heat times remaining, next round info, yearly pointscore progress, edit your own club membership details (phone, address), and no waiting around for the tallier to add up numbers!
Just ask a committee member for your personal log-in number at your next comp.
In the mean time, see what the ‘Surfcomp’ app is all about on YouTube..
The future is here.