In consideration of your acceptance of my application, I hereby release the sponsors, their members or agents and any official connected with this event from all liability arising from natural cause of otherwise, injuries, illness or (death) ill health whatsoever and howsoever arising from my participation or presence at this contest. I am aware that I am under no obligation to enter the surf and may withdraw from the event at any time if I consider the conditions too dangerous or the location unsuitable. I have also read the additional participant agreement attached.
Questions and for more information please contact:
Andy Dennis (President) 0410 504 020 or email@example.com
Cam Gray (Vice President) 0402 356 075 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a legal document that affects your rights. By accepting these conditions I agree to compete in this event on the following basis:
1. I acknowledge that competitive surfing involves the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including overexertion, equipment failure, dehydration, accidents with other competitors, spectators or road users, and course or weather conditions to name a few.
2. I understand that I should not compete in these events unless I have trained appropriately and a medical practitioner has verified my physical condition.
3. By competing, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation that could result in loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all people associated with the conduct of these events from, and will indemnify them against, all liability (including liability for their negligence) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in these events. For clarification, the people released include event organisers, Manly Malibu Boardriders Club, Manly
Council, promoters, sponsors, managers, government and public authorities, members and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors and volunteers including event medical and paramedical personnel. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
4. I acknowledge that I can be exposed to dangerous surf conditions and that my participation in the events in which I enter are at my own personal risk.
5. I consent to receiving any medical treatment that event organisers or members think desirable during or after the event. I agree to reimburse the expenses incurred in providing me with necessary medical treatment.
6. I consent to the event organisers using my name, image and likeness, before, during or after the event for event promotional, broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media.
7. I understand that insurance cover affected for participants in these events may not cover me for all injury, loss or damage sustained by me.
8. Safety precautions taken by organisers (such as supervision, event safety, briefings, equipment safety checks) are a service to me and other competitors but are not a guarantee of safety.
9. I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at these events.
10. My entry form is not transferable to other people. If I am unable to compete or if this event is cancelled, my entry is non-refundable and may not be transferred to another person.
11. I have attached to my entry form details of any medical or physical conditions from which I suffer that might affect my performance or be relevant if medical treatment is needed.
12. I agree to abide by all competition rules and directions issued by the event organisers.
13. I certify that I am 18 years of age or older and I have read this document fully and understand it.
14. Event organisers may change the event(s) format or other event conditions at their discretion. If that occurs, this agreement applied to the changed conditions.
15. I acknowledge that the surfing contests are susceptible to extreme, changeable weather conditions that are beyond the control of the Club or it members, I agree that if events are cancelled due to storm, rain, inclement weather, winds or other ‘Act of God’ conditions or safety concerns, or if I do not participate in any events for any other reason, my entry fees shall not be refundable.
16. By participating in the CJ Snowy McAlister Winter Longboarding Festival 2018 you agree that the promoter may use your personal information provided to them for future promotions and may disclose this information to sponsors and event partners aligned to this event.